The Nyeri County Investment Promotion Unit is set up under the County Government of Nyeri, Ministry of Trade and Investments, to promote domestic and foreign investments as well as facilitate economic development in Nyeri County.
The mandate of the Nyeri County Investment Promotion Unit is to promote, facilitate and advocate for both local and foreign investors within Nyeri County using the functions:
- Investment promotion through Image-building to package Nyeri County as an investment destination.
- Investment promotion through facilitation by identifying, packaging and facilitating both local and foreign direct investment opportunities in Nyeri County.
- Investment promotion though Outreach by facilitating County business networking opportunities and providing assistance to investors in accessing business resources such as licenses, premises, utilities as well as other County and national investment incentives.
Investment promotion though Advocacy by providing professional assistance at various stage of the investment cycle and championing policy that is towards creating the most investor-friendly business environment in Nyeri County.
Our Services at the IPU
The Services of the Nyeri County Investment Promotion Unit include:
- Serving as the first point of reference for all enquiries relating to investment in Nyeri County
- Providing a County-level framework to manage investor relations, policy advocacy and aftercare.
- Identify and profile existing and new investment opportunities in all economic sectors within the Nyeri County
Facilitate investors by providing assistance in establishing business networks with local suppliers of raw materials, as well as other business resources such as business permits and licenses, premises, utilities, investment incentives and any useful statistical data. These statistics include macro-economic indicators, labor and productivity, average wages and labour law information, attractive investment sectors.