Nyeri County is a firm advocate of sustainable tourism is that in the tourism experience we can, together, protect the environmental health and socio-cultural distinctiveness of Nyeri County tourism destinations while contributing to economic vitality. We therefore try our very best to make a positive impact on the environment, society and economy.
Our Vision as a county is to be a globally competitive tourist destination with sustainable and equitable socio-economic development. This is driven by our mission to formulate and implement responsive policies through coordinated strategies that foster sustained and balanced growth in the tourism
Our main wildlife attractions include:
- Birds (various species)
- Dik Dik
Other Tourist attractions include:
- The Mt. Kenya National Park
- The Aberdare National Park, home to the Big Five
- The legendary Mau Mau caves situated at Mt. Kenya in Naromoru, Rui, Ngaini, Mathira
- Famous Fig Tree Post Office
- The Sacred Site where the legendary Freedom Fighter, Field Marshal Dedan Kimathi, was shot in Karunaini, Tetu District.
- The colonial Civil and Criminal Law courts situated at Ruringu, now a museum
- The first colonial African cell in Nyeri town near Provincial Police Office
- The Italian Memorial Church in Mathari.
- The Lord Baden-Powell Shrine, a national monument in Nyeri Town
- The Paxtu Cottage where Lord Baden-Powell lived
- The magnificent Karura Falls in the Aberdare Ranges
- The Zaina Falls- Tetu
- The Commonwealth Graves in Kiganjo
- Bird watching in the Kiawara Forest.